Friday 25 September 2009
Ok I have two major moans today. I have deleted Tescos totally from my computer!! Not only does it take at least a hour if not longer to actually do the damn ordering and then remember your password for the perishing bank, but then, just when you are hoping it might arrive, you get a phonecall - hasn't anyone told them that the whole point of doing the job online is to save you having to rush around when you don't have time - I am invariably at the far end of the property and have to run all the way up and phone them - more money and more time!! And damn me my credit card has not worked for them. Why can't they tell you that when you order - but no they don't. The fact that it has worked that day at the garage and online with other things does not count, it doesn't work for Tesco's. So that is it, its actually quicker to get in the car and go to Morrisons, so be it!

But now having got over that little spate of anger, bloody BT Strike again!! After the amazing problems getting my broadband working when I first got back, the phones have been behaving themselves fairly well and I have been behaving and paying the bills. However when none of the business phones worked this morning I phoned to see what was wrong - a fault at the exchange I am told. It is now evening and they are still not working and I have just been informed that they are not going to be fixed until Monday - because BT promise to fix things within one working day and that does not count a Sat or Sunday. Which is just dandy when you run a business that is open seven days a week. Well Done BT, you have done it again, provided stunning service for businesses - congratulations!

The puppies are having a riotous game in my office, its amazing how much mess one yoghurt pot can be made to make (not from Tescos!). But a good game now means a peaceful night, which will be much appreciated. They are now both sleeping downstairs, and I have to say that I don't miss Sedge as a sleeping companion.

The course went well today, birds all behaved and Adam and Robin took much of it, giving me time to work on a paper for a conference I am going to next week. I need to get it done soon so I can check it over before I go.

I have been trying to download a thing called Synctoy, which is a nice programme for backing up, but I am damned if I can get it to work. And I also tried to put my copy of Office on a new laptop, which is not conected to the internet, so to get it to work I tried phoning Microsoft - not a good move. They kept saying that I could do it online, and I kept saying not if I am not connected, but I could not get it through their heads that the option to phone them means I need to do it on the phone!!! Oh well, just one of those days!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers