Tuesday 3 November 2009

One of those days..........


There is a vivid moon outside my office window, by the time we finished this evening, which was only just after 5.00pm there it was, less vivid and brilliant, but nevertheless vibrant in the pale but darkening sky. As I walked up the field from looking at the great work done by Adam and the volunteers in Danny's Wood, clearing so we can plant the bluebell bulbs, the trees had lost all colour and were silhouetted against the clean blue sky, a wonderful autumn late afternoon. Which was all to the good as I have had one of those days where I am damned if I could tell you what I have done, and feel like I have achieved nothing.


It started very rainy and I fed round with Holly so we could check we were on the same page with food, which we are - which is great. Although I think we all have a different route to go round! Then I guess I did some office work, I certainly managed to get a couple of things in the snail mail category done. I have this really bad habit of a) leaving snail mail until I can bear it no longer (suggestion! - don't send me snail mail if you want a quick answer) and then worse b)once I have done it, I forget to actually put in envelopes and post it, so there was at least a weeks worth of stuff I had got done, but not quite got done, sitting on my desk.


After that it is a blur, I would have done something, because I never do nothing unless I am asleep, but it certainly did not get any vital jobs do. Oh I remember, a somewhat involved answer to an email that took some time and research. Still raining, and then it cleared to a lovely afternoon, we got most of the birds done. Adam picked up the Steppe Eagle as I had three falcons to get done (I think they are turning crepuscular! I keep flying them close to dark!) and it did very well, weighs in at more than seven pounds though and he does not ride lightly on the fist either, but we are getting there with him. I flew Casper, who when the later sun caught his white and black colours looked amazing, as did the Lanner, Common when he hit a patch above the trees.


However now I have to get two lectures and an article done, so I had better get on with it. Thanks to those who solved my tracking changes problems, I will ask again! The fire is lit, one puppy and Nettle are lying in front of it, with the other three on my too small sofa........... peace!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers