Friday 7 January 2011
Well I tried an experiment last night, I don't think it worked. I cooked some sprouts the other day, and of course you can never eat them all so I put the rest in the fridge, last night was the third time of microwaving, and I am not sure they actually tasted like sprouts anymore, so conclusion is, don't microwave them more than twice!!!

We started on the public loos today. It immediately became one of those jobs where you go, oh bugger I wish we had not started this, because it looks a serious mess. However the pipe work has gone, and three times in the summer we had to take the wall down to get at it and mend yet another leak and that was nothing to the leaks in it after the recent very very very cold weather. It smelt in there and even after I had had it steamed cleaned, it still smelt, the loos are old, the screws are rusted and the disabled loo in the men's needed to be rethought - so, rip it all down and start again aaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhh, well its ripped down!! If anyone wants to come and help put it all back together again, let me know!

Yesterday we, well not me, but the others, got the young Steller's Sea eagle out and jessed her (we think a her). We moved her from her parents in November so she had some time alone to grow up mentally before coming out, and now she is out - she is next to the Bald Eagle, and she is huge!!!!! She makes the Bald Eagle look like a squirt and she is not a small Bald Eagle either! We have decided that once she is sitting well on the fist we are going to have a staff photo taken. Many places have the women staff working with owls and the small birds and the male staff working with the large birds so our photo is going to be the girls with huge birds and the men with tiny ones!! Ha, justice!

I rode Dante for the first time in three weeks yesterday, I was going to ride Henry today, but I appear to have become a fair weather rider, and it was raining, so I did other things instead, actually I spent nearly the whole damn day finding out about loos, stainless steel urinals, flushing rates, pipes, hygiene cladding materials and other interesting items. What I don't know about them now is not worth knowing.

I also tried to buy some new wellies yesterday, but if you are a size five (UK of course) then the wellie makers consider that you should have a ladies welly and not a mans one, so they make them shorter, which I hate, I want full length ones thank you, and I want the choice, I don't want shorter ones just because I am female. And what about men with smaller feet?? It’s the sort of thing that makes me mad. I could probably find some of a size five that are men's, but I suspect they will be the expensive ones, and you know, it’s a bloody waste of money, because if you wear them everyday, which I do in this weather, the expensive ones will only last you a year - same as the cheaper ones, which is very poor in my book. Oh well I will just have to stick to my old ones, which are dreadful and are the ones that Charlie said I look like a bag lady in!!!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers