Saturday 19 March 2011
I have been remiss in writing, not sure why, fed up with the cold continuing, a lot to do, a lame horse, tired, lots of things happening in the world, could be anything, I will improve!

I forgot to tell you about Pancake Day, I am not sure if it is celebrated around the world in the same way that it is in the UK, we have pancakes, and you have to toss them, flip them in the pan. So we had pancakes at coffee time on Shrove Tuesday. Angela made the batter and we all had to cook our own and toss it. Mark did the most ambitious one, I don’t know how high it went, but there were shrieks of delight and applause, so it did not hit the ground. Mine went OK, but as I believe in the 5 second rule, I would not have minded dropping it. Having said that, you actually have to be a lot quicker than five seconds with my dogs around, it’s more like a mille second rule! Holly brought maple syrup, lemons, bananas, chocolate spread blueberries and heaven knows what else. Adam had almost everything on his!! Good lad, no waste there. It was a good day and great fun, we do well with staff enjoyment here.

Recently I asked a couple of people about a good software programme to do magazines, newsletters and other stuff that I need to work on. Indesign was what I was told to look at – easy to use, much easier than publisher – well what utter crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t know where people get off thinking that a programme is easy to use. I think it ought to be made a law that all software programmers have to sit with someone like me when they think they have designed something brilliant and see how far they have to go to make it user friendly. Indesign is not user friendly it is not easy and I am not going to buy it!! In fact I have deleted it!! And it took less time to go than it did to down load a trial!! It’s very frustrating, it’s like the new Office 10 – that is rubbish, it is far harder to use and takes more clicks to get where you want to be, as for windows live mail, give me outlook express any day of the week. I am now waiting for a supposedly good and easier programme to arrive, I really want to master it so I can do good newsletters and such.

I had to go to Yorkshire this week, so I booked a train ticket, got up early, fed the dogs, fed the horses, walked the dogs, drove to Gloucester in the little van and caught the train to Cheltenham where I was supposed to catch another train to York, however there the plan fell apart. The Edinburgh train (the one I was going to take to York) was running 50 minutes late!! That meant that I was going to be late for a meeting, however not much to do, so I waited around, then the announcement came that the train was now 80 minutes late! So I went to see if there was another way to get to York, yes I was told, catch the train to Birmingham and at 9.30 there is another train to York. Well the train to Birmingham was packed, I can never understand why you are most definitely not allowed to over crowd your car, you are not allowed to stand in a plane, so why is it you can stand packed in a train!! Health and safety apparently does not apply here!. We stood all the way to Birmingham and arrived at 9.30am!! Yup, missed the damn train, so the next one was an hour on. I finally got to York at a quarter to one when I should have got there at 11.38! I was not pleased!

It was foggy as hell in Yorkshire and cold, much colder than home, but still beautiful. Charlie picked me up and we went late to our meeting. We then drove back to his house and it was lovely to see Hawk again, the Exmoor pony, his winter coat is very dark and he was beautifully shaggy!

Henry is very lame, he has a badly bruised foot poor lad, and so there is a great deal of rest needed and a lot of work on my field to get it smooth again so he can be a little more comfortable. Mind you the reason it looks like a ploughed field right now is because they career up and down it at a hundred miles an hour and ruin it.

It’s a glorious day today, fantastic sunshine, and the wild daffodils are looking very good this year. Roll on the summer!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers