Thursday 14 April 2011
I get so frustrated with computer programmes and computers, there is a light on my keyboard and I have no idea what it means, and is there any way of finding out, no. I have just tried to use DrawPlus and can I find the HintLine toolbar, no, if I type in that name I get what it does but if I put where the XXXXX is it, OK without the swearing, no answer. I am beginning to think that computer software writers should be shot at birth. So all I want to do is draw a bloody line round a photo and can I do it – no - does it do what the book says it will – no - aaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh. Adam went on a cycling thing last weekend, off road biking, or whatever he calls it, he did the marathon of 75km, with over 2000m of climbing the Welsh hills completed in a respectable 5hr 28min. the photos are self-explanatory! His finger is slowly recovering and he happily told me that it only bled twice today! We are getting back to a full team of birds, the Steller’s is now called Pioneer (apple of last year) and is flying free! The theme for this year is Snakes, chosen today, now Simon has to give me a list of snake names. Two of the Yellow-billed Kites are out now, Milan is to come as is Yala – Brahminy Kite. Gazelle and Common are out – Lannerets and Rhadamanthus - Harris Hawk. Rival has laid three eggs and so will not be working for a while, Wayside seems to ignore them so I hope they are infertile. Delectable flew straight over the crowd the other day, it was spectacular and no on died of a heart attack either – bonus! The first of the two baby Steller’s went back with mum and dad today and they were feeding it within an hour of putting it back, we will leave it for five days, switch the other one in and then put the first one back and hope they don’t fight. I would love her to rear two. We have had a tiny amount of rain but not enough for the garden, or the new grass seed, it will undoubtedly rain for Easter! Sadly one of the beautiful Beech trees by the top pond is dying if not dead, which means it will have to come down, I hate losing the large old trees and one of the oaks in Henry’s field is going the same way. I wonder if I should switch to wood burning for all my heating considering the damn cost of oil now. Ah Ha! The light was the scroll lock, whatever that is, I never went near the damn key!! Computers have a mind of their own!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

"...computer software writers should be shot at birth". As head of Software testing at Serif, who write DrawPlus, I think I take that personally. There are real people at the end of your ventings.

In All Serif applications the hintline runs across the bottom of your program, and you apply a line to a photo with the line tab. Select the photo, then on the lines tab choose a style (the icons) and line thickness (the slider) and a colour (on the colour tab with the line symbol selected). It's all in the help, or come to the forums for user to user support. http://forums.serif.com

Patrick Connor
Production Manager
Serif Europe Limited

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers