Wednesday 28 October 2009

Chaos!


Well what a perishing flipping day. I wake at 3.00am, I read my book, I am not getting on that well with it, I turn the light on and off and on and off again and finally at about 5.30am I do feel like I could sleep so of course at 6.30 I should be getting up and that is when I am tired, damn it. I should have got up at 3.00am and done some work on the computer.

Marcus and Harry left today, and so I took them to the station to catch the 9.42 train, or at least I tried, I took the little van which will need an MOT soon and exchanged it at the garage for my Range Rover which was there because the drivers door would not open from the inside – tricky that one! That was fixed, but I told Tony about all the troubles I had had with it over heating – bad move, I should never have mentioned it. We got maybe five miles and the bloody thing overheated. It has had a new water pump, a new head (whatever the hell that is) a couple of other new things and finally an new radiator, what else can possible go wrong I ask myself!!!

So I called home on Marcus’s phone, because I had forgotten to take mine, I am not good with mobile phones, asked Jan to call a taxi to get the boys to the station, and I try and nurse my car back, not a good idea. It was not about to be nursed anywhere. So I pulled in about two miles back towards the garage and home. A very nice chap offered me a lift to Bucklands, the third garage that I have gone to, and I suspect the one that will fix it I hope. By sheer chance he was going there to get a chain saw fixed. My luck was improving!! So, I deserted the Range Rover, collected the van, lobbed the keys to the Range Rover to Tony and he collected it later on (I did check!). Drove home only to find that we had forgotten that five charming ladies were coming for a half day of bird handling! They were very good about my late arrival and we had a lovely morning with them, however it meant that all the work I had planned to do, did not get done.

We managed to fly all the birds in the afternoon, the Lugger was great – hooray. Casper was very good, the day was lovely, all the birds did well, even the Steppe Eagle who is not easy I have to say. We had a great team of volunteers who did sterling work in the Owl Courtyard and were all plastered in black paint by the end of the day. Finished at about 5.00pm I should have lit a fire as it is a little chilly, but a coat will suffice! And then had a lovely phone call from Penny Carpanini, she has just had a litter of 11 lab pups. Well OK she hasn’t, but a very pretty bitch called Holly has, so we are in line for a black girl before Christmas – perfect. So if you want a gorgeous puppy that has excellent breeding for both working and show stock you could not do better and mine is going to be the start of our new line, along with Acer.

The rest of the week is hard work with Simon gone, he is safe in India, Chris Bowden has just emailed me to tell me. OH yes, the email, that reminds me, guess what, BT strikes again. I had a phone call from them telling me they were going to suspend my broadband – why I asked (!!! And yes I did ask politely) because you have not paid the bill, they said. But I have a ‘One Bill’ which covers all my phone lines, and we have paid it, so what is the problem, I said. Well first they wanted my account number – you would think they would have the damn thing otherwise why did they phone in the first place. So we found an old bill, by this time two puppies were yelling for their lunch and I had 20 minutes until the next flying demonstration, its half term and we are busy!! I gave them the account number and after another wait, by which time I am getting a little annoyed(!!) they said that my Broad band was on the one bill but had ceased. I pointed out that I have had this broadband since January and it has not ceased, plus I could not sit on the phone for hours waiting for them to sort it out, could they phone me back once they had got a minor inkling on what the hell they were talking about. So finally with about ten minutes to go before the demonstration time they said they would phone back at 2.30pm – did they phone back – I am still waiting!!!

Adam is off for four days, and Holly and I have an interesting day on Saturday, plus Friday evening is our first Owl Evening, heaven knows when I am going to find the time to buy all the stuff for the mulled wine, which I make, although if I do, there is, sure as hell going to be some major tasting to check it is OK!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers