Monday 14 December 2009
Sunday was a non achieving day. I tried to rake up the paths before I had to go to Eardisland to see friends, but it started raining so I tidied up in the house instead, and did all my washing and put stuff away. I don’t mind doing the washing, but am not good at putting it all away afterwards, the same goes for filing, I must have nearly a two foot stack of stuff that needs filing and I have not done, somehow once it is dealt with I sort of lose interest with the putting it away bit.

I got back from Eardisland at about 2.30pm to the older dogs but no puppies, but as the back door was still locked I assumed that Mikki and Helen had stolen them away and would bring them back, and I was right!! So the other three and I watched part of a Christmas movie until they arrived back, which was fun, well it was fun for me I am not 100% sure that the dogs appreciated it.

Today has been a day of bits, paying bills, raking, answering queries, raking, chasing up on things, more raking, tidying up and more raking, we are nearly done with the raking!! We have a lot of leaves to make into compost, a lot of leaves!! But the place is looking pretty damn tidy thanks to everyone who helps here, you are all amazing! Mike and Tom started the stud work for the replacement aviaries, they are going to look pretty cool and the birds will have nice sheltered homes that look smart and make the Hawk Walk back to its safe and secure courtyard once the fence is back up.

I did manage to find my absolute favourite thing in one of the flower beds after the pruning had been done. I saw an orange plastic bag in the detritus and I knew straight away what it was, seen them before, dealt with them before, bloody used baby nappies!! It’s a good job I did not see the culprit who put it here or I would have fed them to the Condor, child and all. I am sorry but I am damned if I think I should be responsible for other peoples children's nappies, if you want children you keep their nappies please, don’t dump them in my car park or flower beds. They are your responsibility not mine!

Other than that and finding a dumping of stuff from the old pets corner – right outside in the flowerbed – which did not surprise me from what I have seen of the staff that were here before our return, so I cleaned it up and carried on regardless, we have got used to their complete lack of care. And we nearly have it all cleared up too.

The weather forecast is for getting much colder later this week, so we were discussing with Richard about heated perches for the birds, it would make a huge difference to them to be sitting with their little feet snug and warm and the warmth radiating up through their feathers, so he is going to look into a design. You can get them in the US for parrots, but they are the wrong voltage and I have to say not particularly attractive, in fact singularly unattractive, they look like......... well never mind what they look like, I certainly think it is the best way to give the birds warmth in their enclosures, and safer than heat lamps, plus being cheaper to run and therefore good for our carbon footprint.

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers