Friday 30 September 2011

Blimey it’s positively sweltering!! 31 degrees yesterday and today and tomorrow, good job I just bought some jerseys for the winter!! Now I need to do something about my skirts most of which are a little - OK a Lot - past their sell by date.

Well I collected Rush yesterday early evening and brought him home, I had planned to play tennis with the others on Sally and David’s court, but that went out of the window because Rush could not be operated on until late because of other emergencies. So I have a poorly dog, who is not happy about life, he spent the night on my bed and cried for almost all of it, and so I took him in again this morning and he had some more pain killers, but he still was crying for some of the day, however I think it may be that he is milking it a little. He did manage to force down some ham that Holly and I shared with him and Indigo as we ate supper on the floor last night! Oh and some milk and a very small piece of cake that was
saved for him from lunch time. Angela and Sue looked after him for much of the day today and he is now in the office with me. We hope the mast cells have all been got, the scar is certainly big enough.

I had to order a new Amplifier for the PA yesterday as well, the old one was on its last legs and not likely to last a great deal longer, it arrived today – amazing, probably not by HM post sadly as they could not have managed that. Adam put it in and we are up and running with no sudden increase of sound to scare us all. Another job jobbed, eventually I will have replaced everything and not have to spend any money – or perhaps it is like the Forth Bridge, you just start again!

The Swallows and House Martins usually leave on the 29th of this month and I have seen none today, I wish they would let us know when they are going, it would be nice to wish them good bye and good luck. I can’t believe it is October tomorrow, especially not with this weather, it is almost like being abroad it is so clear and warm. We cleaned the Hawk Walk today, a proper clean, it took almost all day and I think I need a shower what with the heat and the sand!

All the owls are starting to fly well ready for the owl evenings, I am looking forward to them particularly as the lights are now a fixture. We did a Hunting Day today, we have changed the format, and people get here for 8.00am which is much better as hunting in the middle of the day really does not work, and a good thing we did too with this weather. They caught a rabbit in the first session with was good.

2 comments:

Robert Kirk said...

Nice to have your news. Hope Rush makes a good recovery. Envy your hunting day I wish our local buzzards would learn to catch rabbits.

Heidi Hellstern said...

You've never been to Oklahoma! It gets up to 100 degrees F in the summer :P.

That owl is adorable, Spectacled, I assume?

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers