Monday 3 October 2011
I am struggling to get the next newsletter done, usually I can do a newsletter in about two days, but we have been so busy and I have had to be at every demonstration for the last six days, that I just don’t get enough time to be able to focus, and in the evenings I am too damn tired to do a good job.


Rush is OK, he is still not comfortable and I have been trying to find a new protective collar that a lady spoke to me about today. Those plastic Victorian Collars are awful, the dogs hate them, he gets particularly stressed and if they move about quickly, which they do, and hit you they are bloody painful. I found some inflatable ones, but I am not sure that I liked those, this was supposed to be a much smaller softer version of the plastic Victorian ones but I am damned if I can find it. Anyway the results have come back and it is a grade two tumour, but the vets have managed to take enough skin to have got all the cells, so hopefully he will be OK.
He is still crying on occasion so I am going to take him for a checkup tomorrow, but I think he might be just trying it on a little! Right now he is wearing a sleeveless T shirt that Sally gave him and it works a treat to stop him licking and is far less stressful than a collar and less painful to me as well!

My Barbary Falcon is not improving at the moment, he still thinks he is a lawnmower, where Holly’s is going really well – annoyingly!! However I will persevere and hope that with the temperature dropping he will find a little more energy. At least my merlin enjoyed the wind today! Azor is starting to go well though (Steppes Eagle) and we have the Snowy Owl and the Ural Owl starting off as well in time for the winter Owl Evenings which start at Halloween.

We had the most amazing mushrooms, or toadstools growing in the Centre this week, not sure what they were, but they were impressive. I did have a lovely mushroom ring as well that I was looking forward to photographing, but it got mowed the other day! Damn it – too late!

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers