Saturday 8 March 2014
Life is beginning to settle around Sedge, although I have to say it would have been a little easier if a) I had not forgotten to order heating oil so I have no central heating and no hot water!! and b) the bloody new Hoover washing machine worked. I have to say that the more technical these machines become, the less well they actually seem to wash. I wish companies would just make a bog standard washing machine that works and you don't need a degree in IT to get it to work! And of course this is the one time when I need one urgently. Luckily we do have one in the clinic, but taking stuff across is not exactly fun.
 
Thank you all who have brought towels, at least I have enough now that if I don't keep up with washing them it is not so crucial
 
Sedge is coping, he is very very insistent that he has to go to coffee time, I have been carrying him but thought of the little cart so he has travelled around in that and seems less stressed, he never did like being carrying even when well. What is odd is that he seems to be able to almost wag his tail and this evening while he was asleep in front of the fire (which he loves) his front legs were twitching and so was his tail. He still has no deep pain sensation though. Perhaps the tail movement is a good sign, we will wait and see.
 
The weather was just lovely today and we were busy, it was lovely to see so many members and photographers and Clive got a couple of great shots of Killigrey my Hobby who flew superbly this afternoon, as did Tai Pan. The weather makes such a difference to us all - humans and birds. We have a pair of wild Little Owls that live around the Centre, they get incredibly vocal in the afternoon, it is wonderful to hear them. They bred in the side of the Kite Barn last year, I am hoping Jimmi will put up a proper box for them this year.
 
I am just getting our Savigny's Eagle Owl going again, Coll, the picture is his mother as a baby! I am hoping that he will have grown up a little this year. Tiree is much better than last year so it may be the same for Coll.

0 comments:

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers