Monday 19 April 2010
Well I managed to get through the day without insulting anyone! I never try to be rude to anyone, OK so that is not exactly true, but I am only ever less than polite to people who are either rude to me, or one of my staff, or just generally deserve it. However I think I am on occasion a little tough on children and I hasten to qualify that. I am charm personified to well behaved children, however that might not describe my attitude to badly behaved ones, or more importantly to their parents. Plus often the children are under four years old and have therefore not been paid for to come in, and are spoiling the day for the rest of the audience who have paid!!

I listened to the news yesterday lunch time on the radio as I was chopping up meat for the 2.00pm demonstration. A 16 year old had been stabbed to death by a 15 year old, tragic tragic stuff, the death of a youngster, who should have lived for many years, and the family to be haunted by it for the rest of their lives. And by a damn 15 year old. I hate to say this, but this sort of thing did NOT happen when I was 15 and it is partly and in a large part from my experience because children now are taught no respect for anything. Teachers have a miserable time because they are not allowed to chastise children, parents give teachers little or no respect and so it goes on. Young things, be it children, puppies, foals, or what have you, push the boundaries to see what they can get away with, and need and in fact want to be given boundaries, to be told NO that is not acceptable. If you don’t do that you get what we have today, monsters who kill at the drop of a hat and then cost you and I, the tax payer, a fortune in keeping them in prison because they did it. It is interesting to note that often children like the teachers who are toughest on them, why does that not tell the parents something……………. Teach them to behave and respect themselves, others of their peer groups and adults early on and you will produce nice useful humans, don't and look what we get - thanks a bunch.

I saw some lovely Alpaca’s yesterday, and was very tempted to see if I could get two or three here instead of the Shetland Sheep that I am planning on. They are attractive animals and would enjoy being here I think and the visitors would enjoy them too. However they are very expensive, £650 for a male, which is not exactly useful and over £5000 for females!! So I suspect I will not be getting any, I will wait until the price drops and it will I hope!

The volcano continues to grind the world to a halt, hummmmmmmm Iceland was responsible for a large number of local councils losing a lot of money a year ago and now this!!! Although I have to say I find it extraordinary that Local English Councils would put our money in banks in Iceland, it should be made illegal to put our funds anywhere but within our own country. Part of me wants the weather to change and then the wind will take the cloud elsewhere, which is not very charitable of me, but if that happens, the weather will also change and it is so nice now.


1 comments:

'The Crafting Owl' said...

Hi Jemima
I completely agree with what you say! I have worked with kids of various ages for the past 17 years. They like to know what the boundaries but bureaucrats who have no idea what its really like in the classroom are making it harder for those who keep getting the blame for the behaviour of our youngsters, namely the teachers!!! let us get on with teaching the way we do best and stop restricting the sanctions that we can enforce in the classroom. Rant over!!!

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

Blog Archive

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers