Saturday 7 April 2012
Well Easter has not let us down so far, bloody awful weather and less people than we desperately need. We had glorious weather last week, why could it not just have held. I long for the day when I don’t have to worry about Easter weather, in fact I have come to the conclusion that I actually do not like Easter.

Add to that I ordered some clothes (cheap I should add) from Lands’ End, did they arrive no, have they lost them yes, were they dim enough to ask if I wanted them resent – was I likely to say ‘no don’t you worry, just keep my money as a donation’ Bloody idiots of course I want the damn things re sent and they have the nerve in the email to tell me that luckily they have more – lucky for them I would say – Hermes is their distribution firm. Then I had the invitations printed for the Royal do, they were ready on Tuesday and so were sent CityLink, they had to come eleven miles, are they here four days later, are they hell, they could have walked here and back numerous times in four days, so that is Hermes and City Link that I would advise not using. However our own beloved Royal Mail is as bad, they are putting up the post by God knows what and I suspect the service will be just as appalling as it has been for the last year. Pull yourselves together distribution companies, because we are not impressed.

Despite the weather we have had lovely customers, very appreciative and nice to have around, the birds have been amazing and flying really well and the puppies are learning not to run in when a falcon is on the lure, which is pretty good as they are still very young. Mark’s Merlin is flying loose and going very well, Lady Isabel is just stunning at the moment, I could do with Karis stopping flying into me, he got me in my left kidney today, and it is definitely his fault. The White-tailed Sea-eagle has a name Fer de Lance, which means yes, she is flying loose, and is lovely to watch. Her brother is coming on slowly as well.

Adam is bike riding a marathon tomorrow all off road, I hope the weather is better than today for him, although I think he is nuts!! But then some people think I am nuts to start riding again at my advanced age. I had a lovely ride yesterday, but did not go out in the rain today – flipping fair weather rider!!

Other than that, not much news to impart so I am going to muck out Art and feed him and then see if I am brave enough to do more stuff on the new website.


1 comments:

iacopo said...

Dear Mrs Parry Jones,
I'm writing you form Italy. I have all your books and I look for you since 1997. Excuse my bad english, I just want to say you "GO!" in those difficult moments who is working with animals is in double trouble. But people like you ever WINS! Good Luck Miss Parry Jones!
Iacopo

Hello

I have to say that keeping a weblog can at times become compulsive and at other times a chore. Sometimes I am berrated for not keeping it up and sometimes I get wonderful comments from people who follow the news of the Centre.

It is fun to share the daily goings on here, some good and some bad, some funny and some sad, but all a part of our daily lives.
And as I said before its a pretty cool to be here and it is a great place to visit, you should try coming and watching the birds and meeting the staff and of course the dogs.

An interesting video on Lead

An interesting video on Lead

I find it staggering that people who want to hunt don't see the value in changing their ammunition from lead to a safer product. We have stopped using lead in petrol, in paint, in our water pipes, but they still want to use lead - ah well, apparently eating it not only kills birds but leads to reduced intelligence in humans......................

NO ONE is asking you to stop legal and genuine hunting, they are just asking you to change your ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZGQ8i8AwI

HC

Website counter

Followers